SSCB Event Information
SSCB Event Information
The Soup Stew Chili & Brew Festival was developed by the Madison Area Chamber of Commerce to be an affordable festival for the citizens of Jefferson County and the surrounding areas. The festival was also created to bring attention to Madison's Main Street and downtown merchants. It began as a fundraiser for local non-profits, but has grown to incorporate and support many local businesses as well.
Soup Stew Chili & Brew is a family-friendly fall food festival. For that reason, we ask that you kindly:
- Please leave pets at home. NO PETS will be allowed in the festival footprint. We realize they are like family to you, and we are sorry for any inconvenience.
- Please supervise your children at all times. We have volunteers to help children with the play areas, but it is important that you supervise the process and stay with your child. We recommend writing your cell number on your child's wristband in case you are accidentally separated.
PricingIn service to the festival's original purpose, we do our best to keep prices low!
- Tickets are $1 each
- Soups, stews, and chilis are sold at each booth for the same price: 2 tickets (4 oz), 3 tickets (6 oz), and 4 tickets (8 oz)
- Other products are sold for tickets as well (no cash is used at our booths).
- Kids have UNLIMITED PLAY ALL DAY at the Grote Kids' Zone areas with a wristband. The Grote Kids' Zone areas are marked on the festival map. All inflatables are included. The inflatables are spread out throughout the festival, and there is no drop-off.
- How many tickets should I buy? We suggest starting with 20 tickets per adult. You can always head back to a ticket booth for more!
- Can I use a credit/debit card? We are working to be able to accept cards at each ticket booth this year, but please be patient with us. There are two ATM machines within walking distance of the festival: First Financial Bank's ATM is at the corner of Jefferson and Third Streets; German American's ATM is at the corner of Main and Walnut Streets.
Music - We have three small stages this year to create a more intimate feel with great live, local musicians playing acoustic sets. Click here for our music line-up!
Activities - In addition to food booths, we have several businesses and organizations that have activities for attendees. Most non-food booths will have a game, activity, or drawing - and most of them are FREE! In addition, the Soup Stew Chili & Brew Committee has arranged for some other fun, like our annual Cornhole Tournament! Be on the lookout for traveling performances, community art projects, and more!