Jobs: Madison & Jefferson County Career Connection
Jobs: Madison & Jefferson County Career Connection
We have the resources to connect you with the area's best employers. Let us help you! Scroll down to view recent job postings and find links to other area resources. Click the link above to send us your resume. If you still can't find what you are looking for, just contact us!
JOB TITLE: Executive DirectorREPORTS TO: Board of DirectorsFLSA: Full-time salaried/exempt position may include some Saturdays, holidays, evenings and/or early morning.LOCATION: Madison, IndianaABOUT THE CHAMBER: Founded in 1924, the Madison Area Chamber of Commerce is a member-driven organization that connects businesses with the support and resources to develop, sustain, and grow. The Chamber is a place for all who share in the desire to improve the community and the conditions under which business is conducted. It directs the energies of those who believe that a community worth living in is a community worth improving. The Chamber gives its over 300 collective members a stronger voice, has a significant presence, and acts as a business advocate in an ever-changing marketplace on behalf of its members.JOB FUNCTION: The Executive Director is the Chief Executive and Administrative Officer of the organization. Duties are subject to the direction of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for the full range of Chamber activities, including the coordination of the program of work, organizational structure and procedures, motivation of volunteers, income and expenditures, maintenance and growth of membership, employment and supervision of staff, interpretation of policy and maintenance of quarters. The Executive Director is the "public relations officer" for the organization and the entire community. Jefferson County, Indiana residency is preferred.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- A Bachelor's degree is required or appropriate experience as a Chamber Director
- Three to Five years of marketing, sales experience and/or community relations.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of financial statements and accounting procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and public relations skills coupled with the ability to influence others in a positive manner.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
- Social Media and website editing skills are preferred.
- A working knowledge of Chambers of Commerce or nonprofit organizations including the principles of volunteer management and program administration preferred.
Interested Candidates are required to submit:Resume / Cover letterSalary RequirementsEmail Materials to: MACCResume@gmail.comApplication Deadline: July 17, 2020
- Responsible for maintaining a program of work consistent with the Chamber mission.
- Submit to the Executive Committee for approval a list of goals and objectives to be accomplished by the Chamber for the coming year and a plan for how to achieve those objectives.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors in the development of and revisions to a multi-year strategic plan for the Chamber as well as assist in creating action plans to meet these long-term goals.
- Submit for approval to the Finance Committee an annual operating budget, prior to the end of the fiscal year, including revenue sources and estimated annual expenses.
- Membership and Business Development
- Responsible for the development of new membership.
- Responsible for supervising the membership retention program and maintaining membership at a level which will insure necessary revenue for the successful operation of the Chamber.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate systems to support membership retention and growth.
- Serve as primary recruiter/salesperson for new Chamber members and member retention.
- Assist the Board, committees, members and the staff in interpretation of policy in relation to any given question of program.
- Prepare statements of Chamber position on public issues with the assistance and input of the Board.
- Staff Development
- Recruit, hire, and train staff, and administer an effective personnel program, which includes job descriptions, performance standards, appraisals and salary administration; all within the framework of the approved budget and program of work.
- Serve as a representative of the Board for all contacts with the Chamber staff.
- Design and conduct various Chamber sponsored special events to supplement membership revenue and increase Chamber visibility. Events should be consistent with the Chambers mission.
- Community Relations
- Identify and recruit volunteers to assist in shaping organizational directions through the Board, Committees and Task Forces.
- Develop methods of supporting and recognizing volunteers.
- Actively promote the Chamber of Commerce to the community.
- Actively promote Madison as a desirable place to live, work, visit and do business.
- Maintain a positive relationship with other organizations in the Madison area.
- Build positive image through media communication.
- Establish and maintain a satisfactory working relationship with community leaders, public and elected officials, private and public agencies.
- Be actively engaged through service clubs, attending events and participating in a professional manner in or as part of the community.
- Oversee preparation of all Chamber publications and communications.
- Board Development
- Identify and advise the directors on trends in Chamber operations and programs.
- Initiate programs for consideration by the Board.
- Review and evaluate Chamber needs.
- Identify and provide assistance in resolving community and Chamber problems.
- Analyze and interpret the needs of the members and translate them into programs that are consistent with the fundamental objectives and policies of the Chamber.
- Responsible for carrying out plans and programs of the Board in accordance with established policies.