Job Summary: The admission counselor is responsible for coordinating the development, implementation, and assessment of recruitment efforts in the assigned territory. The counselor will participate in all major on-campus recruitment events (i.e. open houses, scholarship programs, etc.).
• Participate in the development, implementation, and assessment of tactical recruitment plans.
• Represent the college in various state and national organizations.
• Coordinate communication initiatives with prospective and admitted students.
• Represent the Office of Admission with outside constituencies (i.e. athletics, student life, parents/alumni board, etc.) as assigned.
• Assist with all major on-campus visitation programs (i.e. open houses, scholarship programs, etc.)
• Organize, plan and coordinate annual travel within assigned territory.
• Build relationships with high school counselors and local community based organizations.
• Represent Hanover College at high schools and college fairs.
• Conduct admission interviews with prospective students and parents.
• Follow up with prospective students and parents throughout the recruitment process.
• Participate in the review of applicant files for admission decisions.
• Maintain a working knowledge of financial aid programs and policies.
• Coordinate and oversee regional receptions in various locations.
• Travel to regions other than assigned, as needed.
• Provide periodic Saturday office coverage.
• Other duties as assigned by the director of admission.
Education Required: Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
Experience Preferred: Admission, public relations or marketing related experience
• Maintain a positive, energetic personality.
• Drive to take initiative in assigned territory as well as other Admission projects.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to project the image of the college clearly and professionally.
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with client-centered attitude.
• Knowledge of PC Windows based computing environment.
• Required to participate in training as office software and/or system changes mandate.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish
• Able to function effectively under pressure.
• Able to make decisions and respond to challenges quickly and with ease.
• Professional appearance and dress.
• Demonstrate professionalism and complete confidentiality when counseling students and/or parents.
• Possess initiative, enthusiasm and punctuality.
• Be organized and flexible with time and tasks.
• Must be committed to team participation and success.
• Must be able to assist staff members with unusual and complex issues.
• Able to sit/stand/walk for extended periods.
• Able to work in a stressful, time sensitive environment.
Apply here: https://hanover.hirecentric.com/jobs/200846.html