If you've ever been to Madison, Indiana, you probably know that this place is full of romantic charm. But, what is there to do in Madison this Valentines weekend? Well, we've got a few ideas for you!
1. SOLVE A MURDER - The Madison area is full of arts and cultural opportunities. This weekend, the Madison Community Players presents "Dead To The Last Drop" at the Elks Lodge. This comedy is sure to have your Valentine laughing. There's a death at a Coffee Shop. Can you figure out who the murder is? Was it the coffee shop owner, the waiter, the professor, or was it someone else? The show includes dinner. A cash bar will be available. Reservations are required: 812-493-3357.
But that's not all! The Lanier Mansion is hosting a "Valentines Clue Party" on February 15th from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Bring your special someone to this Valentine’s murder mystery, where you’ll make your way through Lanier Mansion and discover clues to reveal the killer. Wear your favorite Clue costumes and enjoy cocktails and appetizers. Prizes will be awarded for solving the mystery and for best costume. This event is for adults ages 21+. Registration is required by Feb. 14 by calling 812.265.3526. Ticket price includes hors d’oeuvres and batch cocktails. Learn more: http://bit.ly/2C88Rsy
2. BE A LITTLE CREATIVE - Art on Vine at the Little Golden Fox is hosting a barn quilt painting class February 17th at 2:00 pm. Or create a beautiful floral arrangement for your loved one with The French Tulip Florist.
3. TAKE A WALK - Madison's beautiful downtown shopping district is always great place for a romantic stroll, but why not get even more adventurous! Try the new Hatcher Hill trail or hike at Clifty Falls for some spectacular waterfall views. (The riverfront will be closed due to recent flooding so plan accordingly and be careful!)
4. WINE AND DINE - Valentines Day would not be complete without a delicious dinner or some wine tasting! There are so many great restaurants to choose from, like Key West Shrimp House, Harry's Stone Grill, Bad Apple Mac's and more! Check out a full list here. Madison is also home to some great wineries and a new brewery! If you and your loved one are fans of brews, then Madison's brand new brewery, Mad Paddle Brewery should be one of your stops this holiday weekend. And if you're in the mood for some music, head on over to Thomas Family Winery where they will be kicking off St. Patrick's Day Week with some lively celtic music by Guilderoy Byrne (Feburary 16th from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm).
5. GO BACK IN TIME - The Madison experience would be incomplete without touring the historic district. Take your love for a step back in time with a tour of the Lanier Mansion, the Jefferson County Historical Society, and the properties of Historic Madison, Inc.
Since there is too much to see in one day, stay the night, or even the whole weekend at a beautiful Bed & Breakfast like 2 Sisters, Azalea Manor Bed & Breakfast, Richwood on the River, or the Dugan Hollow Log Cabins & Suites. You could also enjoy the view from Clifty Inn or one of our other spectacular accommodations.
We know you'll have an amazing time. And if you are looking for a last minute gift, chocolates, a massage, or some beautiful jewelry are all great options. Take a look at some of the best specialty retailers in the area. Click here for our business directory.
We hope you enjoy