Top 5 Romantic Things to do in Madison this Valentines Day
If you've ever been to Madison, Indiana, you probably know that this place is full of romantic charm. But, what is there to do in Madison this Valentines weekend? Well, we've got a few ideas for you!
1. CATCH A SHOW - The Madison area is full of arts and cultural opportunities. This weekend, the Madison Community Players presents "Francine's Will" at the Old Market on Main. This comedy is sure to have your Valentine laughing. Murderous thoughts are in the air when H.P. Manly inherits a fortune. Will the greedy relatives succeed in making his death look like an accident? The show includes dinner. A cash bar will be available. Reservations are required: 812-493-3357.
But that's not all! Hanover College Theatre Department is also presenting Tennessee Williams' "Night of the Iguana" this weekend and Blush on Main and Rembrandt's Gallery & Wine Bar are presenting their 2nd Annual Wine, Women, & Wine Fashion Show on Saturday, February 11 at 7pm. There is live music at the Riverboat Inn on Friday evening, and on Saturday, you can catch Brooke Reindollar and Steve Pullias at the Thomas Family Winery.
2. SUPPORT A CAUSE - Art on Vine at the Little Golden Fox is painting to support the Special Olympics on February 10 at 7pm. The cost is $35 and $10 from each painters fee will be donated. It will be a fun night! Please RSVP!
3. TAKE A WALK - Madison's beautiful riverfront and downtown shopping district are always great places for a romantic stroll, but why not get even more adventurous! Try the new Hatcher Hill trail or hike at Clifty Falls for some spectacular waterfall views.
4. WINE AND DINE - Valentines Day would not be complete without a delicious dinner or some wine tasting! There are so many great restaurants to choose from, like Key West Shrimp House, Rembrandt's Gallery and Wine Bar, and the new Bad Apple Mac's! Check out a full list here. Madison is also home to 3 local wineries: Thomas Family Winery, Lanthier Winery, and Madison Vineyards. Lanthier will host their chocolate lover's celebration on February 11 from 11am-3pm.
5. GO BACK IN TIME - The Madison experience would be incomplete without touring the historic district. Take your love for a step back in time with a tour of the Lanier Mansion, the Jefferson County Historical Society, and the properties of Historic Madison, Inc.
Since there is too much to see in one day, stay the night at a beautiful Bed & Breakfast like 2 Sisters, Madison Vineyards, Richwood on the River, or the Lottie Mae Inn. You could also enjoy the view from Clifty Inn or one of our other spectacular accommodations.
We know you'll have an amazing time. And if you are looking for a last minute gift, chocolates, a massage, or some beautiful jewelry are all great options. Take a look at some of the best specialty retailers in the area. Click here for our business directory.
We hope you enjoy
Welcome to the Member Information Center!
Members of the Madison Area Chamber of Commerce have access to the Member Information Center. They can update their listing, find resources, view reports, and post jobs, news releases, hot deals, member-to-member deals, events, and more!
below for a tutorial.
Then, try it yourself!
What can I do with a Member Login?How to use the Member Information Center