SSCB Event Information
SSCB Event Information
The Soup Stew Chili & Brew Festival was developed by the Madison Area Chamber of Commerce to be an affordable festival for the citizens of Jefferson County and the surrounding areas. The festival was also created to bring attention to Madison's Main Street and downtown merchants. It began as a fundraiser for local non-profits, but has grown to incorporate and support many local businesses as well.
Soup Stew Chili & Brew is a family-friendly fall food festival. For that reason, we ask that you kindly:
- Please leave pets at home. NO PETS will be allowed in the festival footprint. We realize they are like family to you, and we are sorry for any inconvenience.
- Please supervise your children at all times. We have volunteers to help children with the play areas, but it is important that you supervise the process and stay with your child. We recommend writing your cell number on your child's wristband in case you are accidentally separated.
PricingIn service to the festival's original purpose, we do our best to keep prices low!
- Tickets are $1 each
- Soups, stews, and chilis are sold at each booth for the same price: 2 tickets for 4 ounces, 3 tickets for 6 ounces, and 4 tickets for 8 ounces.
- Other products are sold for tickets as well (no cash is used at our booths).
- Kids have unlimited play all day at the Grote Kids' Zone areas (inflatables and face painting) with a $5 wristband. The Grote Kids' Zone areas are marked on the festival map and will include four large inflatables and face painting!
- How many tickets should I buy? We suggest starting with 10-20 tickets per adult. You can always head back to a ticket booth for more!
- Can I use a credit/debit card? The Comfort Station ticket booth will be equipped to handle credit/debit card purchases. There are also two ATM machines within walking distance of the festival: MainSource Bank's ATM is at the corner of Jefferson and Third Streets; German American's ATM is at the corner of Main and Walnut Streets.
Music - We have three small stages this year to create a more intimate feel with great live, local musicians playing acoustic sets. Click here for our music line-up!
Activities - In addition to food booths, we have several businesses and organizations that have activities for attendees. Every non-food booth will have a game or activity, and most of them are FREE! In addition, the Soup Stew Chili & Brew Committee has arranged for some other fun!
- The Grote Kids' Zone features inflatables and face painting ($5 per wristband)
- Carnival Rides (not included in Grote Kids' Zone) are available and will require 3 tickets each.
- You may come across a clown at the festival this year. Say hello, and he might even teach you a trick or two!
- You'll also find community art projects and games throughout the festival!