Community Lenten Worship Series
Each Wednesday of Lent, the Greater Madison Ministerial Alliance invites the public to a noon worship service followed by a light meal provided by the host congregation. The following congregations are hosting this year:
The season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday (February 14) and lasts for 40 days until Easter, not counting Sundays. Lent is a time of repentance, fasting and preparing for Resurrection Sunday. It is a time of reflection upon one's spiritual life and a time of self-examination. Christians uses this period of time for intentional prayer, fasting, and acts of self-denial as well as by reading and meditating on the Bible and acts of service.
- February 14th at First Christian Church with guest minister Rev. Kelly Nichols preaching;
- February 21st at St. John's United Church of Christ with guest minister Rev. Bill Johnson preaching;
- February 28th at Madison Presbyterian Church with guest minister Rev. Katrina Pekich-Bundy preaching;
- March 7th at Hanover United Methodist Church with guest minister Rev. Evelyn Wheeler preaching;
- March 14th at Resurrection Lutheran Church with guest minister Brenna Lee from the Salvation Army preaching;
- March 21st at Trinity United Methodist Church speaker to be announced;
- March 28th at First Baptist Church with children's pastor, Kelly Rector, preaching.